RevelationX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make a Profressional Guide.

Go down

How to make a Profressional Guide. Empty How to make a Profressional Guide.

Post by Andyy Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm creating this guide to help people who post a guide to make it look more organized and professional. Posting an informant and well groomed guide can get you respect from the community. I hope you take my experience into thought and use some of the points.

I will list several "rules" you should follow when creating a good guide.

Rule One - Use of text styles
The way you "Style" your text is very important. What this means is using things such as BOLD, Italic, UNDERLINED, SIZE and even POSITIONING.

However, over using these things can make a guide look sloppy. So I will explain how to make sure you don't over use styles.

•Only use the different sizing if you are posting Titles and never use a higher size than 3.
•Only use Bolding on things such as Titles and important notes through out the guide.
•Try to restrict yourself from using italic unless it is needed to emphasise certain phrases
•I myself never use Underlining, however, I think it is expetable to be used in Headers and sometimes important notes.
•Position should be used for the Introduction into the guide and Footer (See further down)

Rule Two - Grammar
When creating a guide, you must make sure your grammar is perfect. Great grammar makes your guide stand out and look very professionaly done. You should always start a sentance with a Capital Letter, and use commars when they're needed. At first it might be a pain but eventually you will get the hang of it.

Rule Three - Use of "Emotions/Smilies
A professional guide should never include emotions. I do however like to use emotions in these type of situation.

Example:
So what to do know confused..

Always avoid the following emotions:
:p 🆒 :eek:

Somewhat exeptable ones are:
confused

However don't over use them!

Rule Four - Detail
When creating your guide, give as much detail as possible.

Example: - Fishing Guide
Go to the docks.

If fishing was that simple, there wouldn't need to be a guide. Try give it like this when describing a location.

Go the docks, located West of the Home teleport.

Detail helps people, people want to be helped from a guide.

Rule Five - Pictures
A great guide should always have instructive/informative pictures. Best way to get pictures is to take screenshots. To tale a screenshot on a Windows computerm, press "prt scrn",open up paint or photoshop and click Past/Ctrl+V. To take a screenshot on Mac, click either, Command+Shift+3 (Whole screen shot), or Command+Shift+4 which allows you to choose a desired area to take a picture of. Once you have your Screenshot, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (You can also use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and upload the photo. Copy the IMG code, and paste it in the desired area of your guide.

Last Rule - Guide structure
The way you structure your guide is very important. It should be structured like this:

Introduction
Introduction should contain why you are making the guide and what it is. I like to centre my Introducting paragraph.

Experience - (Skill Guides only)
If you are making a guide about skilling. You should create a table explaining how much exp you gain from (For example, Fishing) each fish. Include all rates, Normal Member, Premium, Extreme and if you want 2x exp Ring.

Body
Put the guide here, the whole point of the thread. Remember to be as detailed as possible.

Footer
Here put the closing notes, Credits and anything else you feel is needed when closing you're guide.

Well that is my guide to creating a professional thread! I hope it helps you to create well detailed and professional guieds or even threads in the future!

Thank You,
Andyy.

Andyy
Owner
Owner

https://revelationx.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum